GUIDELINES + HELPFUL TIPS
Please review the sections below to learn about Pen & Wit’s guidelines and for wedding projects. A great deal of the information contained below goes hand in hand with information you can find on the Wedding FAQ page. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me. You can also visit the Wedding Price List page to learn more about our current prices.
| Pen & Wit GUIDELINES |
Wedding POLICIES & PROCEDURES
• A non-refundable retainer fee of 50% estimated costs is required to hold the date for work to be done, to be deducted from final balance
• A completed order form/contract is required to begin work
• Projects booked and not ready to start at the scheduled time will be handled in one of the following ways:
- rescheduled for the next available time,
- carry a rush charge,
- or taken off the calendar, thereby forfeiting the retainer fee
• All custom artwork includes up to 3 revisions, after which an additional fee applies
• Lists are to be submitted via e-mail using the Pen & Wit template to deter errors or a potential set up fee
• Foreign names/addresses in quantity may be priced higher.
•It is 100% the client's responsibility to proofread all text submitted to Pen & Wit and to verify all options for stationery, ink, and style are correct.
•Keep in mind that colors vary from screen to screen and that all calligraphy and handlettering work slightly vary as well. This variation is what makes your work original and unique.
• All sales are final after final design approval from client.
• Pen & Wit shall be granted permission from client to use images from client's projects to promote Pen & Wit. Images may be used on the Pen & Wit website, social media sites, and for marketing material. Pen & Wit retains the right for all final copy and image appearance.
COPYRIGHT + PRIVACY
• All content created by Pen & Wit for client is owned by or licensed by Pen & Wit. Such content can include but is not limited to design, appearance, layout, text, images, graphics, etc. No portion of the product may be used for commercial purposes unless authorized solely by Pen & Wit. No portion of the product may be copy or replicated in any way, shape or form. All copyright, trademarks, design rights and other intellectual property (registered and unregistered) belong to Pen & Wit.
•Rest assured that any personally identifiable information you provide will never be sold or traded to outside parties, however we reserve the right to disclose this information where it is required by law. We reserve the right collect information regarding the ways and frequencies our visitors interact with our site.
|HELPFUL TIPS |
STANDARD WEDDING ETIQUETTE TIMELINES
• Finding a stationer/calligrapher
9-12+ months before your wedding
• Sending out Save the Dates
Six to twelve months before wedding date
Eight to twelve dates for a destination wedding
• Sending out Wedding Invitations
Two to three months before wedding date
• RSVP Due Date
Due date three to four weeks before wedding date
• Calligraphy Services | Envelopes + Invitation Suites |
Book at least two to three months before mailing date or as soon as possible
• Day of Calligraphy
Book two three months before wedding date
*A detailed PDF with a timeline and addressing guide will be emailed to client once a signed contract and non-refundable retainer fee have been obtained.